We believe all students have the right to high quality educational experiences that develop their unique needs and passions.
The mission of the Tacoma School of the Arts is to partner with community resources to change public education, emphasizing creativity, and utilizing a fully inclusive model that educates the whole student through core values: THINKING, EMPATHY, COMMUNITY, and BALANCE.
The Tacoma School of the Arts will:
- Stimulate higher-level thinking and problem solving
- Provide advanced training in the arts
- Prepare students to meet the challenges of the 21st century
- Incorporate experiential and innovative approaches to learning
- Connect students to the larger community