Welcome back McCarver families! I hope you had a great summer and are ready for the start of a new school year. I want to thank you for attending our Open House in August! It is great seeing kids and families back on our campus.
To start the year, we have some important things we need you to be aware of:
· The McCarver Booster Club kicks off the year with a meeting on Thursday, October 7th at 6:00 p.m. The Booster Club is one excellent way to get involved with McCarver. Parents working together do make a difference.
· McCarver has an ASB – student leadership group! We will have classroom and school-wide elections in October. Stay tuned.
· If your child was in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade last year, they took the MSP – Measure of Student Progress test. This is a state-wide test and your child’s individual scores will be mailed to your home within the next couple weeks. Your child’s teacher will also go over the MSP and scores with you when you meet in October.
· Parent-Teacher conferences are right around the corner – October 6th, 7th, and 8th. Sign-up times will be coming from your child’s classroom soon!
· We will use the telephone messaging service Connect-ED again this year to communicate important messages to you. When you get a call and hear my voice, listen closely because chances are, something important is going on at McCarver!
· There is a new assistant principal at McCarver – his name is Michael Knuckles. He comes to us with over 20 years of experience in education, much of it in Tacoma middle and high schools. We are super excited to have him on board.
Thanks again for all of your support to get the school year started right. I have an open door policy, so please feel free to stop by if you have questions, concerns, or ideas. You can also email me at email@example.com. Here’s to another great year!
Proud McCarver Principal