Superintendent-elect (Interim) Carla Santorno announced today new principal and assistant principal assignments for the 2012-2013 school year, basing the assignment decisions on the best match between each principal’s strengths and an assessment of each school’s needs.
New assignments include:
Arlington Elementary School
• Principal Wendy Pye-Carter, who transfers from Boze Elementary School
Boze Elementary School
• Principal Arron Wilkins, who transfers from Sherman Elementary School
Downing Elementary School
• Principal Larry West, who transfers from Arlington Elementary School
Lister Elementary School
• Principal Kate Frazier, who was Interim Principal from Lister Elementary School
• Assistant Principal Marva Richardson, who transfers from Mount Tahoma High School
Mason Middle School
• Assistant Principal Shannon Wear, who transfers from Meeker Middle School
Meeker Middle School
• Assistant Principal Vanessa Banner, who transfers from Jason Lee Middle School
NE Tacoma Elementary School
• Principal Kelly Evans, who transfers from Sheridan Elementary School
Skyline Elementary School
• Principal Sue Goerger, who transfers from Downing Elementary School
Sheridan Elementary School
• Principal Becky Owens, who transfers from Skyline Elementary School
Sherman Elementary School
• Principal Anne Tsuneishi, who transfers from NE Tacoma Elementary School
Stewart Middle School
• Assistant Principal Maryn Feliciano, who transfers from Gray Middle School
Due to retirements and transfers, three schools and one non-school have vacant leadership positions.
“The district will open those positions for a broad search that involves community interviews,” Santorno said.
The vacancies include:
• Principal, Stadium High School
• Principal, Bryant Montessori School
• Principal, Lowell Elementary School
• Director, School, Family, Community Partnership Program
A committee of staff and parents from each school will convene to provide feedback to the superintendent, who will make the final hiring decisions for the open positions.